Get Involved & Give Back – Volunteer with Hearts of Gold!
Are you looking to make a difference and contribute your skills to a worthy cause? Is your philanthropic heart looking for an opportunity to give back? If so, Hearts of Gold would love to speak with you! We’re currently looking for volunteers to help in specialty areas, such as translation, graphic design and IT help! Volunteer positions can be performed in Cuenca or remotely, and all have flexible hours. If you’re interested in getting involved and giving back, check out the current open volunteer opportunities below, and click this link to fill out our volunteer application to get join our team today! #itstartswithyou
¿Estás buscando hacer una diferencia aportando con tus habilidades y tiempo a una buena causa? ¿Tienes un corazón filantrópico y estas buscando una oportunidad para contribuir con la comunidad? ¡A Hearts of Gold le encantaria contactarse contigo! Estamos buscando voluntarios en las áreas de especialidad, de traducción, escritura, diseño gráfico y ayuda de información tecnológica. La mayoría de las posiciones de voluntarios se pueden realizar en Cuenca o a distancia, y todos tienen horas flexibles dependiendo de tu horario. Si estás interesado en participar como voluntario con Hearts of Gold, revisa las descripciones de voluntarios abajo para aprender acerca de las actividades disponibles, haz un clic en este enlace para llenar nuestra solicitud de voluntariado si estás interesado! (si no hablas ingles, Contactanos por correo electrónico email@example.com
Volunteer Opportunities available as of February 2017
Written and Oral Translators
- As a translator you can help Hearts of Gold to perform English to Spanish and Spanish to English translations. We have a great need for both written and oral translations. Oral translation volunteers could attend press events, assist in making community presentations, or help with site visits to our partner organizations for interviews or to local businesses to seek sponsors. Written translation volunteers could work on a variety of documents ranging from web content, blog posts, and social media, to formal documents such as contracts and corporate packages. This role can be completed remotely from home or in the office, and the schedule would be in an as-needed basis.
Writers & Editors
- As a writer or editor for Hearts of Gold, you can use your skills to bring visibility to our work and the needs of the community. Whether you’re looking to share compelling stories or to connect donors or volunteers with our mission, we can use your creative insight! We are in great need of a variety of writing styles to boost our marketing and communications strategy! From story-based creative writing to white papers and grants to campaigns and corporate reports – we are looking to use the power of words to spread our message and would love to have YOU as part of the team! Volunteer writers or editors would become part of an integrated writing team working alongside staff and other volunteers. You would dictate the number of articles/pieces you would like to produce per month, and could work remotely from home or in the Hearts of Gold office.
- Are you a graphic designer looking to use your creative skills to make a difference? Hearts of Gold would love to collaborate with you! A volunteer graphic designer with Hearts of Gold would help us to create report templates, infographics, event materials and brochures and flyers. As a graphic designer you could use the design program of your choice and let your creative juices flow. Hearts of Gold would present our design and communication strategy as guidelines, and outline all content as needed in a timely manner. You could work remotely from home and let us know the amount of work you’d like to contribute to on a monthly basis.
- Hearts of Gold hosts two major events per year and we could not do it without the help of our incredible volunteers! Creative or organized? We need help on both sides! On the creative end, we could use lots of help to create decorations and set up the day of the event. On the organized end, there is A LOT that goes into event planning – whether you’d like to sell tickets, collaborate with local businesses for corporate sponsorships, or manage the silent auction logistics, we can use you! You could also help in the office post-event to close out the event logistics and follow ups. Event volunteers will work as part of a team amongst Hearts of Gold staff and other volunteers, and mostly work out in the field or at the event venue.
- Are you a techy person looking to contribute your talents to a good cause? Hearts of Gold can use you! Hearts of Gold is looking for IT volunteers that have knowledge in performing backups, managing network connections, and performing software updates. This volunteer position could be a monthly commitment or an on-call basis for assistance with tech problems depending on your availability and the flexibility of your schedule. Depending on the nature of the work, you could work remotely from home or work from the office.
Workshop Hosts (give class!)
- Are you a nonprofit professional or have experience in a technical skill critical to nonprofit operation? We can use you as a volunteer workshop host! Hearts of Gold is expanding its capacity building programs and offering skills-building workshops to grassroots organizations and community leaders in Ecuador. Whether you’ve got a strength in fundraising, accounting, event planning – you name it! – we would love to collaborate with you! All classes must be given in Spanish, but Hearts of Gold can coordinate a volunteer translator to be by your side on the big day and to translate all workshop documents if needed. You will work with Hearts of Gold staff to ensure the workshop style is culturally relevant and that the content is in line with our mission and the needs of our partners.
Social Media Ambassadors
- Are you a tweeter? Instagram lover? Facebook poster? Email communicator? Why not put your love for social media to a great cause! Hearts of Gold is looking for social media ambassadors that can help us circulate important information to a wider audience. As a volunteer social media ambassador, Hearts of Gold will train you on our marketing strategy and communication philosophy, and provide you with our content and directions in how it can be used within your network. Volunteer ambassadors can work remotely from home and let us know the number of posts you’re committed to circulating per month.